28 November 2018 Tic Toc Planet
THE MANIFESTO POINTS
- eco-centrism need to replace anthropocentrism - a shift from an-thropos, the human, to eco, the Earth.
ECOLOGY IS NOT UTOPIA
- ecology does not mean utopia: this human talent is clearly the best tool for ecology, the only hope
“what I propose is a little drop in all the positive action around the world: the issue becomes then wider and yet a fantastic intellectual challenge, a necessity to reinvent our perception of progress and its implication.”
IMPORTANCE OF STATTS TO START ACTING
- importance of destruction statts / everyday news (data) to create positive actions
animal diversity - sea plastic - micro-plastic particles – deforestation - desertification
- We destroyed 60% of animal diversity since 1970 date of my birth
- Sea plastic will treble between 2015 and 2025 in the ocean
- Pollution London has reached its yearly limits before the end of January this year, Kings college estimate abut 36000 the number of dead in uk due to pollution. capacities are affected and length
- 18 march 2018 British Over 500,000 micro-plastic particles per square metre were found on the bed of the River Tam 2.75 million metric tonnes of plastic waste deposited into the ocean by rivers each year, 1.5 million, or 55%, flows out of the Yangtze found that 99% of all plastic in the ocean is not on the surface anymore.
The problem is that we don’t know where that 99% of plastic is. Is it on beaches, the seafloor, in marine organisms? Before we can start thinking about cleaning up the plastic, we’ll first need to know how it’s distributed.
- Deforestation: one football pitch per second, palm oil that you find in most instrutrial food being organic or not his largely contributing to this eveolution
- Desertification: rise of water level fires will occur more and more the consequences we all know them poverty, exodos, wars.
SENSE OF DUTY
“As a human, a citizen, a father, I AM responsible. As an artist I feel that we have a duty”
- duty as human being and as artist: reason of creating a project as the Independent Republic of Conscience: the duty creates the action.
The philosophe Korsgaard's says that we have to acknowledge that we have moral obligations, that we must maintain in order to be consistent with our autonomy.
Morality is maybe a word that our societies do not like any more and that seems very constraining for an artist
RADICAL PLEASURE THROUGH ECOLOGICAL RESPONSIBILITY
“I want to substitute the concept of morality to a concept of radical pleasure through ecological responsibility.
Through participation you modify slowly the rest of you actions”.
NECESSITY OF EXPRESS THROUGH ART (not just)
PAST: The ecological concern and the activist necessity has been part of history.
- How to address the project of “re-inventing the system”?
PRESENT: Today, how as an artist do we address something as complex as a reinvention of our system when all is now linked and the voice of an idea like the independent Republic is such an absurd idealist concept.
It is very common to hear that art is all by itself and does not need to defend an external idea, maybe but the militant art is well anchor in History.
“I thing that actuality does justify militant art / engage art/ political art.
It is the necessity of a time that justify the change of language. It is then a necessity to abandon the position of the artist spectator to the one of the artist citizen.
Guernica would be an obvious example for this, Fernando Leger in the painting ‘Le partie de Cartes’, Otto Dix, but also Rubens "The Horror of the war", and an important part of French literature.”
ECOLOGICAL VIEW: SUBJECTIVE/ACTIVE
To have a properly ecological view, we must relinquish the idea of nature once and for all.
For Morton, the problem with the objective conception of nature is that it's set on a pedestal, something forever destined to remain "over there," somehow separate from our daily lives.
Necessity to create a subjective conception – subjective perspective
The idea of art as a form of autonomous individual expression emerged around the same time as the Romantic notion of nature.
In the Romantic tradition, including subsequently most of the avant-garde, art is directly connected to nature under the guise of the creative genius who superseded academic convention and other forms of external control.
ART & NATURE TOGEATHER CAN REPAIR THE DAMAGED SOCIETY
Both art and nature are thus ways of repairing the damaged society has inflicted on the individual and the environment.
But whereas nature is something that's "over there," art is human production closer to hand. It's a place where the non-identical can be virtually revealed in the intersection between physical matter and conscious being, the relation of objective form and subjective content that constitutes a work of art.
THE PARADOX - DUALISM
A duality between intentions and daily reality believing that progressively the power of the intentions will modify the reality of our actions.
Abandoning the responsibility to other generation is abandoning a part of our identity.
THE INDEPENDENT REPUBLIC OF CONSCIENCE
A positive lobby for a better world, an active Lab online, a network of social media activists that will really a selection of positive action made by other groups foundations etc.
GOALS: CREATE A POSITIVE CHAIN
We will create a maximum of partnership with ecological organization, lobby group etc., the idea is there plenty of people with a lot of experience and fantastic activities but there are very few sources, where you have a global vision of what is positively done for a better future.
The aim is to become a central blog/platform of information and a place where people can get inspired and diffuse this inspiration via their social media. A positive chain.